Classic chocolate chunk cookies made in a skillet with browned butter for a special ooey gooey treat. Top with ice cream for extra style points!
- 1 C Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 C Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Granulated Sugar
- 1 Lg Egg (+ 1 Yolk, Room Temp)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 C All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 C Chocolate Chunks (or/and chocolate chips)
- Brown the butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat (5-7 min)
- While butter is still hot, stir in the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Stir quickly so the sugars dissolve.
- Allow the butter to cool. This is VERY important.
- Once butter is cooled, stir in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients – flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press the dough into an even layer and bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when center of cookie is still doughy. It will continue to bake in the hot skillet.
- Top with ice cream and enjoy!