Soft and fluffy homemade apple cider donuts fried to golden perfection, then rolled in cinnamon sugar.
- 3 C Apple Cider
- 1 C Granulated Sugar
- 4 tsp Cinnamon
- 4 1/2 C All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 C Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 6 TBSP Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 2 Lg Eggs
- 2–4 C Vegetable Oil
- In a medium saucepan, reduce the apple cider over medium heat until 1 C of liquid remains. Set aside and cool completely
- In a medium bowl, stir together the granulated sugar and 3 tsp cinnamon. Set aside. Prepare a cooling rack by placing it over a paper towel lined cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- In another small bowl or a large liquid measuring cup, whisk together the butter, eggs, and reduced apple cider.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined, then cover and refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
- Pour the oil into your pan – you want about 2-3 inches of oil. Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan to 375. Use a quick read thermometer to monitor the oil temp throughout the frying process.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface and cut out donuts using a 2 1/2 inch cookie or biscuit cutter and cut out the center with a 1″ cutter. Fry both the donuts and the holes, and re roll the dough scraps and continue cutting.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove the donuts from the oil and allow to cool just enough to handle, then roll the warm donuts in the cinnamon sugar. Enjoy warm!
Keywords: homemade fried donuts, fried apple cider donuts, fried donut recipe