Extra large thick and chewy bakery style cookies packed with chocolate, graham cracker, and marshmallow fluff.
For the Marshmallow Fluff
- 1/4 C Water
- 3/4 C Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 C Light Corn Syrup
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste (or regular vanilla extract)
For the S’mores Cookies
- 1 C (227g) Salted Butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 C (180 g) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 C (60 g) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Lg Egg + 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 1/4 C (285 g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 C (55 g) Crushed Honey Graham Crackers
- 1 C (160 g) Milk Chocolate Chips (+extra for topping)
- 1 C (160 g) Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (+extra for topping)
- 1/2 C Marshmallow Fluff (homemade or store bought)
- 2 Bars Milk Chocolate for topping cookies, optional
For Marshmallow Fluff
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and corn syrup. Heat until the syrup reaches 240 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the egg whites until foamy, then add the salt and cream of tartar. Whip until soft peaks.
- When the syrup reaches 240 degrees, remove from heat and with the mixer on low, slowly pour the syrup into the egg whites.
- Whip until stiff peaks, then add the vanilla bean paste and mix until combined.
- *The fluff will be easier to work with when chilled, so pop it in the fridge in an airtight container while you make the cookie dough.
For S’mores Cookies
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars for 5 minutes, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix for another 3 minutes, until thick.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and mix just until combined, leaving a few streaks of flour to ensure that you don’t over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough into 5 oz cookies. I used my 2.5 oz scoop and scooped twice per cookie!
- Chill the dough for 20-30 minutes, just until chilled enough to handle.
- Press the dough flat into your hand and use your thumb to make a well in the center. Use a 1 TBSP scoop with a trigger to scoop the marshmallow fluff into the center. Fold the cookie dough up and around the marshmallow fluff. Leave some of the marshmallow fluff peaking out the top.
- Sprinkle with extra graham cracker crumbs and a chunk of milk chocolate.
- Chill for at least one hour, up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- The cookies are huge and will spread, so bake 3 at a time and leave plenty of room in between.
- Bake for 12 minutes. They will seem under done in the center, but will set up as they cool.
- Use a large round cookie cutter to swirl around the hot cookie right as it comes out of the oven for a perfectly round cookie.
- Let chill on the cookie sheet for at least 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
*Cookies will keep at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Keywords: s'mores cookies, bakery style cookies, s'mores desserts