Flaky buttery buttermilk biscuits made from scratch
- 2 C All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 C (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, cubed
- 1 C Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees
- Cube butter and pop in the freezer until ready to use
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mixture until its in pea sized pieces. Then use your fingers to squish some of the butter pieces into flat discs.
- Make a well in the flour butter mixture and pour in the buttermilk.
- Gently stir together until it’s just barely combined.
- Roll out on a well floured surface to 1/2 inch thick. Dust with a small amount of flour, fold.
- Repeat for 4-5 folds then roll to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut using a 2 1/4 in biscuit cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 475 for 8 minutes.
- Remove biscuits, brush with melted butter.
- Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with honey butter, sausage gravy, etc..