Browned butter blondies with chopped pistachios and caramelized white chocolate, topped with a caramelized white chocolate drizzle.
- 1 ¼ C (160 g) High Quality White Chocolate, chopped.
- 10 TBSP (140g) Salted Butter
- ½ C (100 g) Dark Brown Sugar
- ¼ C (50 g) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Lg Egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ C (170 g) All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ C (50 g) Chopped Pistachios + more for topping
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Caramelize the white chocolate. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees and spread the chopped white chocolate onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 250 for 10 minutes. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and use an offset to stir the white chocolate and spread it back into an even layer. Repeat this process for 40-50 minutes, or until the chocolate reaches a toffee-like caramel color and is smooth. Pour it onto a sheet of parchment paper and allow to set. Once set, chop into small pieces similar in size to regular chocolate chips.
- Brown the Butter. In a medium stainless steel or enameled cast iron sauce pan, add the butter and melt over medium heat. Once melted, continue to cook, swirling the pan occasionally, until the milk solids separate from the fat and become golden brown and toasty, about 5 minutes. Allow to come to room temperature, or place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes until it reaches room temp. It should be cool, but still liquid. *Once butter is browned it should weigh 115g. If you need to add a bit of extra butter so that it’s exactly 115 g, do so.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the browned butter, dark brown sugar, and granulated sugar until combined. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk for 2-3 minutes or until the egg is fully combined and the mixture is glossy.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined. Then, fold in the pistachios and 100 g (about 1 C) of the chopped caramelized white chocolate.
- Spread into an even layer in the prepared pan and bake for 25-27 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned and the center is slightly puffed. It will flatten out as the blondies cool.
- While they cool, melt the remaining caramelized white chocolate with the coconut oil in 20 second increments in the microwave until completely melted and smooth.
- Randomly drizzle the melted chocolate all over the top of the blondies and sprinkle with extra chopped pistachios.
- Slice into 16 squares and enjoy.
Keywords: caramelized white chocolate, white chocolate blondies, pistachio blondies