The perfect espresso chocolate chunk cookies with crisp edges and a doughy center.
- 1 C Unsalted Butter (2 Sticks) melted
- ¾ C (150 g) Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ C (110 g) Granulated Sugar
- 2 ½ C (350 g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 TBSP Espresso Powder
- 1 Lg Egg + 1 Egg Yolk at room temperature
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 C (200 g) Dark Chocolate Chips
- 4 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar, chopped (or 1/2 C Chocolate Chunks)
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter and sugars.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and whisk until it reaches a glossy paste-like consistency.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, with a few streaks of flour remaining.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chunks,
- Scoop the cookie dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, using a large cookie scoop.
- Let dough chill for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350. Bake 7-8 cookies at a time for 10 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and bang the pan on the counter a couple of times to help flatten out the dough.
- Let sit on the hot pan to finish cooking for 2 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Top with flaky salt, optional.
Keywords: chocolate chunk cookies, chocolate espresso cookies, chocolate chunk espresso cookies, soft chocolate chunk cookies