Easy, no fuss chocolate chip cookies that are slightly browned and crisp on the edges, but mostly ooey gooey and can be made without a mixer and no chill time.
- 2 1/2 C (335g) All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 C (2 sticks) Salted Butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3/4 C (165g) Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C (110g) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Lg Egg (+ 1 Yolk)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 C (175 g) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3.5oz Chopped Dark Chocolate Bar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and let cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and whisk another 2 minutes.
- Fold in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Use a large 3 TBSP cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the prepared sheet pans. 5 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, then remove from oven and bang pan on the counter a couple of times to help flatten the cookies a bit.
- Top with extra chocolate and a sprinkle of flaky salt.
- Let cool on the hot cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
*Cookie dough can be scooped and frozen to be baked later. Just add 2 minutes to baking time.
*If you want smaller cookies– scoop with regular cookie scoop and bake 8-9 minutes.
*Can sub all semi-sweet chocolate chips or whatever chocolate chips you prefer.
Keywords: easy chocolate chip cookies, no chill chocolate chip cookies, classic chocolate chip cookies, easy no chill cookies