Classic rich and fudgy brownies with that perfect crinkly paper thin crust baked in just 30 minutes.
- 3/4 C (170 g) Salted Butter
- 1 1/4 C (200 g) Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 C (310 g) Granulated Sugar
- 3 Lg Eggs + 1 Egg White, at room temperature
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 C (95 g)All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 C (60 g) Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter, then pour the hot butter over the chocolate chips and let sit for 1 minute.
- Whisk the butter and chocolate until fully melted and smooth. If needed, microwave in 20 second increments until completely melted. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the sugar, eggs, egg whites, and vanilla for 3 minutes, or until the mixture is silky and pale in color.
- While continuing to whisk, slowly pour in the warm melted chocolate/butter mixture.
- Fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt until just combined.
- Pour brownie batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then serve.
*For easy slicing, chill the brownies for 30 minutes, then slice into 16 squares wiping off the knife between cuts.
- brownies will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
Keywords: crinkle top brownies, crackle top brownies, crinkle brownies, fudge brownies