The best ever skillet brownie! It’s right in the sweet spot between cakey and fudgy and then taken to another level with a cookie butter swirl.
- 12 TBSP Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/4 C Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 C All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 C Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3 Lg. Eggs + 1 Yolk, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 C Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 C Cookie Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter in the microwave in 30 second increments until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolk and sugar for about 3-5 minutes. Or until the mixture has a ribbon like texture and is a pale yellow color. Stir in the vanilla.
- While continuing to whisk the egg mixture, slowly pour in the cooled chocolate and butter and whisk until combined.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the brownie batter into the skillet and spread into an even layer.
- Heat the cookie butter in the microwave for 15-20 seconds and then swirl it into the brownie batter
- Bake for 25 minutes, and allow it to finish baking in the hot skillet on the counter as it cools.
- Serve right out of the skillet with ice cream, or remove from the skillet and slice into squares.
The brownie will look under baked after 25 minutes, but remove it anyway. Cast iron skillets hold their heat for a long time and it will continue to bake the brownie as it cools.
Keywords: skillet dessert, best brownies, cookie butter brownies, skillet brownies