Thick, rich, and chewy double chocolate chip cookies with a gooey Nutella center and a sprinkle of crunchy toffee.
- 1/2 C (113 g) Salted Butter, slightly melted
- 3/4 C (155 g) Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 TBSP (25 g) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Lg Egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 C (190 g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 C (50 g) Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 C Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 C Nutella
- Chopped Toffee *Optional
- Flaky Sea Salt *Optional
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar for 2-3 minutes. Scrap down the bottom and sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix for another 3 minutes, or until fluffy and lightened in color.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer 1/2 at a time, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a large cookie scoop to portion the cookies and roll the cookie dough into a ball in your hands.
- Use a spoon to create a well in the center of each cookie and fill it with about 1 tsp of Nutella.
- Sprinkle the cookies with chopped toffee.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, then allow them to cool on the hot cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Top with flaky salt while they are still warm. Enjoy!
- Cookies will keep on the counter for 3-5 days or up to 10 days in the fridge.
- Best served warm, so if they’ve cooled to room temperature microwave for 12-15 seconds before eating!
Keywords: Nutella cookies, double chocolate chip cookies, fudgy chocolate cookies