Thick, rich, and fudgy brownies made gluten free with pops of sweet cherries and mini chocolate chips.
- 1 ½ C Almond Flour
- ½ C Dark Cocoa Powder (Dutch Process)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ C Salted Butter (1 Stick)
- 1 C Dark Chocolate Chips (60-72%)
- 2 Lg Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 C Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Jar Reese Maraschino Cherries
- ½ C Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a 8” square pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, (or small glass bowl over a sauce pan with a little water) add the butter and 1 C of dark chocolate chips. Heat over medium heat until the butter and chocolate are melted and smooth. Take off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a separate large bowl, add the eggs, vanilla, and sugar. Whisk quickly for 2-3 minutes. The mixture should become thin and pale in color.
- While continuing to whisk the egg mixture, slowly pour in the slightly cooled melted chocolate. Whisk until fully combined.
- Fold in the dry ingredients, don’t over mix.
- Drain the cherries and pat them dry with a paper towel. Remove the stems and slice the cherries in half. Save a few back to place on top of the brownies, and add the rest to the brownie batter. Add the mini chocolate chips if using. Fold in until just combined.
- Spread the batter out into the prepared pan. Top with remaining cherries and extra chocolate chips if desired. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool for 30 minutes before slicing. Enjoy with a sprinkle of powdered sugar or a scoop of cherry ice cream!
Keywords: cherry chip brownies, gluten free brownies, cherry brownies, flourless brownies