Large, bakery style gluten free chocolate chip cookies that still have crisp edges and gooey chewy centers just like an original chocolate chip cookie.
- 1/2 C (113g) Salted Butter, melted
- 1/2 C (100 g) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C (100 g) Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 Lg Egg, at room temperature
- 1 Lg Egg Yolk, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 C (210 g) Measure for Measure Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 C Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips + extra for topping
- 1/2 C Dark Chocolate Chips + extra for topping
- 1/2 C Milk Chocolate Chips + extra for topping
- Flaky Salt
- In a large mixing bowl, melt the butter.
- Then, whisk in the sugars until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla bean paste and whisk until the eggs are fully incorporated and the mixture lightens in color, about 1-2 minutes.
- Fold in the gluten free flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt until combined with a few streaks of flour remaining.
- Then, fold in the chocolate until combined and no streaks of flour remain.
- Use an ice cream scoop with a trigger (about 4 TBSP of dough) to portion the dough into 6 cookies onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Top with extra chocolate and chill for 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350.
- The cookies are large and will spread, so bake 3 cookies per cookie sheet leaving plenty of room in between at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until center is still wet but edges look set.
- Allow cookie to finish baking on the hot cookie sheet for 5-7 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- Top with flaky salt and enjoy.
Keywords: gluten free chocolate chip cookies, bakery style gluten free cookies, gluten free cookie recipes