Tart homemade cranberry jam and brie tucked into golden and crispy puff pastry, served with Wellington Crackers
- 1 Sheet Frozen Puff Pastry
- 1/4 C Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 C Water
- 1 C Fresh Cranberries
- 8oz Brie Wheel
- 1 Lg Egg
- In a small saucepan, add the water and sugar. Heat until slightly bubbling and sugar has dissolved. Add the cranberries and cook for 10 minutes. Mash to desired consistency. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Let the sheet of puff pastry thaw on the countertop for 20-30 minutes.
- Roll out the puff pastry and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Slice off the rind from the top of the brie. It’s ok to leave (and eat!) the rind on the rest of the cheese, I just like to slice the top off so the cheese can easily ooze out when sliced.
- Top with 1/4 C cranberry jam.
- Fold the puff pastry around the brie, pinching the seams closed.
- Make an egg wash by whisking one egg with 2 TBSP water. Brush the egg wash all over the puff pastry.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Serve immediately with Wellington Crackers.
*If you have extra puff pasty, use mini cookie cutters to cut out cute holiday shapes. You can top the baked brie with them, or serve them alongside for dipping!