Easy homemade salted caramel sauce thats buttery, salty, easy to make. and stays thick but pourable.
- 2 C (425g) Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 C (150 g) Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 C (125 g) Water
- 1 C (255 g) Heavy Cream, at room temperature
- 4 TBSP (55 g) Salted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- In a medium saucepan, add the sugar, corn syrup, and water. Stir to combine and place over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Cover for 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and allow sugar to continue to caramelize. Keep and eye on it and swirl the pan occasionally.
- When the sugar reaches a dark amber color (between 360-365 degrees F if using a candy thermometer) remove it from the heat and let it sit for 30 seconds.
- Grab a long handled rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Begin to stir the caramel, the slowly and carefully pour in the cream while continuing to stir. It will bubble up and steam so be careful.
- Continue to stir until smooth, then stir in the butter and salt.
- Pour into a heat safe container to cool.
- Caramel will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Keywords: salted caramel sauce recipe, homemade salted caramel sauce, easy salted caramel sauce