These are the BEST Nutella Muffins! They’re moist, packed with chocolate chips and swirls of Nutella, tall muffin tops and are so, SO easy to make.
- 1/2 C (113 g) Salted Butter, melted
- 1/4 C (55 g) Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 C (200 g) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Lg Eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 C (55 g) Full Fat Sour Cream, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 C (310 g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 C (235 mL) Buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 C (175 g) Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 C Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 450 and line 2 muffin tins with 12 total liners.
- In a large mixing bowl or your stand mixer, add the melted butter, coconut oil, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and mix until they are very well combined and the mixture lightens in color, another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sour cream and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and buttermilk in 5 total additions. So add 1/3 of the dry ingredients, mix until just combined. Then, add 1/2 of the buttermilk and repeat.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Let the batter rest, covered, at room temperature for 30 minutes-1 hour before baking for extra tall tops!
- Place the Nutella in a microwave safe dish and microwave it for 20-30 seconds, just long enough so that it’s a pourable consistency.
- Use a cookie scoop to fill each muffin liner 1/3 of the way full. Pour 2 tsp of Nutella onto the batter and use a toothpick to swirl it in. Then, add more muffin batter, filling the liners to about 3/4 full. Add another 2 tsp of Nutella on top and swirl it around.
- Top them with more mini sweet chocolate chips.
- Bake both muffin tins at the same time, preferably on the same rack at 425 for for 5 minutes. Don’t open the oven, but reduce the temperature to 350 and bake an additional 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean with a few moist crumbs attached. Let cool enough to handle and then enjoy!
Keywords: nutella muffins, nutella chocolate chip muffins, nutella muffin recipe