Big bakery style cookies with gooey centers and crisp edges packed with chocolate and toffee and a dollop of Nutella on top.
- 1 C (226 g) Salted Butter, melted
- 3/4 C (180 g) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 C (60 g) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Lg Egg + 1 Egg Yolk, at room temperature
- 2 1/4 C (285 g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 C Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 C Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 C Chopped Toffee Bits
- 1/2 C Nutella
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the melted butter and sugars until well combined. The butter should not look separated at all.
- Whisk in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until well combined and glossy. About 2-3 minutes.
- Fold in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2-3 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Scoop the dough with a standard 4 TBSP ice cream scoop and roll into a ball in your hands.
- Place 5-6 cookies per sheet with plenty of room in between so they can spread.
- Melt the Nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds, then spoon 2 tsp onto each cookie and spread to the edges.
- Bake at 350 for 11-12 minutes, then bang the cookie sheet on the counter to help the cookies spread.
- Use a rubber spatula to scoot any runaway edges back into place.
- Allow cookies to cool completely on the hot cookie sheet.
- Keep cookies covered at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Keywords: nutella chocolate chip cookies, toffee chocolate chip cookies, nutella desserts