Thick and chewy peanut butter sugar cookies topped with melted chocolate, peanut butter, and chopped peanut butter cups.
- 1/2 C (113 g) Salted Butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 C (180 g) Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 C (55 g) Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 C (135 g) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Lg Egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 C (200 g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 oz Ghirardelli Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar
- 3 TBSP (40 g) Heavy Cream
- 2 TBSP Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 C Chopped Peanut Butter Cups
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugars for 3 minutes.
- Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix for another 2 minutes.
- Mix in the flour and baking soda until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a 3 TBSP ice cream scoop to portion the dough into 10 cookie dough balls. Roll the dough into a ball in your hands and then place on the cookie sheet – 5 cookies per tray.
- Use your fingertips to flatten the dough balls slightly.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350, then allow to cool on the hot cookie sheets for 3-4 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- While the cookies cool, melt the chocolate with the cream in the microwave in 20 second increments until smooth. Warm up the peanut butter just a bit so it’s easier to spread. Chop up the peanut butter cups.
- Once cookies are mostly cool, spread about 1 TBSP of the melted chocolate on top of each cookie, then add about 1 tsp of peanut butter and swirl it into the chocolate with a spoon or offset spatula. Top with chopped peanut butter cups.
- Cookies will keep at room temperature for 48 hours or in an airtight container in the fridge for a week.
- To serve warm, heat room temperature or chilled cookies in the microwave for 10-12 seconds before enjoying.
Keywords: crumbl copycat cookies, peanut butter cup cookies, crumbl peanut butter cup cookies