Chocolate chip cookies kicked up a notch with peanut butter and nutella
- 2 1/2 C All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt (+ more for sprinkling)
- 1/2 C (1 Stick) Unsalted Butter (Room Temp)
- 3/4 C Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Granulated Sugar
- 1 Lg Egg ((+ 1 Yolk) Room Temp)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 C Peanut Butter
- 1 C Chocolate Chips (Semi Sweet)
- 1/4 C Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, & salt) into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Add butter to the bowl of a stand mixer and begin to cream on medium speed.
- While mixer is running, add sugar and brown sugar and cream along with the butter until light and fluffy. About 3 minutes.
- Add egg and egg yolk, one at a time, and mix to combine.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture, 1/3 at a time, and mix until JUST combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Dollop the Nutella all over the dough, then turn on the mixer for about 5 seconds to streak the Nutella throughout the dough without fully incorporating it.
- Using a tablespoon, grab a heaping scoop and roll it into a ball in your hands. The warmth of your hands will bring the crumbly dough together.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and press the dough to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then allow to finish cooking on the hot baking sheet for an additional 5 minutes.
- While the cookies are cooling, top with extra chocolate chips and a sprinkle of sea salt.
– Pro tip: use a variety of sizes of chocolate chips. My favorite are chunks and minis. – Make-ahead tip: Follow the recipe up until you have the dough rolled into balls. Freeze for up to 2 months and then pop as many or as little into the oven as needed!
-Swap out the peanut butter for almond butter for a peanut free cookie!
Keywords: peanut butter cookies, nutella cookies, chocolate chip cookies