The BEST peanut free alternative to the traditional monster cookie. Just as big, gooey, and loaded with chocolate chips and candy coated chocolates as the original.
- 1 1/4 C Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 C All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 C (1 Stick) Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 C Barney Bare Smooth Almond Butter (or your favorite creamy nut butter)
- 3/4 C Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 C Granulated Sugar
- 1 Lg Egg, + 1 Yolk
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 C Peanut Free Chocolate Candies such as Skippers
- 1 C Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, almond butter, and sugars for 5 minutes.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until there are a few flour streaks remaining.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and candy coated chocolate pieces.
- Scoop onto cookie sheet with standard ice cream scoop or a large cookie scoop. Bake 4-5 cookies at a time.
- Bake at 350 for 13 minutes, then allow to cool slightly on the hot cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
- The extra molasses in dark brown sugar helps you to get the perfect chewy texture, but if you don’t have any you can substitute the same amount of light brown sugar. If you have light brown sugar and molasses, add 3/4 C light brown sugar + 1 TBSP molasses.
Keywords: peanut free cookies, peanut free monster cookies, almond butter cookies