Soft and gooey pistachio olive oil chocolate chip cookies with slightly shiny tops and perfectly crisp edges.
- 2/3 C (150 g) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 C (200 g) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C (100 g) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Lg Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/3 C (300 g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 C (65 g) Pistachios, chopped + extra for topping
- 1 Guittard Bittersweet Baking Bar, chopped
- 1 C Guittard Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips, + extra for topping
- Flaky Sea Salt, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, add the granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, and olive oil. Use an electric hand mixer to cream until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix for another 2-3 minutes, or until the eggs are fully incorporated and the mixture becomes slightly lighter in color and glossy.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the flour and baking soda until just combined.
- Add the pistachios and chocolate and fold to combine.
- Use a large 3 TBSP cookie scoop to portion the cookie dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Top with extra chocolate and pistachios and chill for at least one hour, up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 and line 2 sheets with parchment paper.
- Place 7-8 cookies per sheet, leaving 2 inches between to allow for spreading. Bake one cookie sheet at a time at 350 for 11-12 minutes. Remove from oven and use a rubber spatula to scoot any runaway edges back into place.
- Allow to cool on hot cookie sheet for 4-5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Top with flaky sea salt, optional.
- Cookies will keep at room temperature for up to a week, or in the fridge in a airtight container for 10-12 days.
Keywords: pistachio chocolate chip cookies, olive oil chocolate chip cookies, pistachio olive oil cookies