Big bakery style cookies made with browned butter and packed with chocolate, pistachios, and toffee.
- 1 C (226 g) Salted Kerry Gold Butter
- 3/4 C (165 g) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 C (55 g) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Lg Egg + 1 Egg Yolk, at room temperature
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 C (125 g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 C (165 g) Bread Flour
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 C (180 g) Chopped Pistachios
- 1 C (180 g) Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 C (180 g) Chopped Toffee
- Flaky Salt
- Brown the butter and then let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the sugars and cooled brown butter for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Mix for another 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flours, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients 1/2 at a time and mix until just combined.
- Add 90 g each (1/2 C) of the chocolate chips, pistachios, and toffee and fold into the dough with a rubber spatula.
- Portion the dough into 6 giant 6.5 oz cookie dough balls. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes or until just firm enough to handle.
- Mix the remaining chocolate chips, pistachios, and toffee in a bowl.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll into balls in your hands then into the bowl of chocolate toffee and pistachios. Press the mixture into the dough so that it sticks and covers the entire ball except for the bottoms.
- Chill at least 12 hours overnight, or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place 3 cookies on each sheet leaving room for them to spread.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes, then bang the cookie sheet on the counter 5-6 times to help the cookies spread.
- Use a spoon or mini rubber spatula to scoot in any runaway edges while the cookies are still hot.
- Fill in any empty spaces with extra chocolate toffee or pistachios and top with flaky salt.
- Let cool on the hot cookie sheets for 4-5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Cookies will keep at room temperature for up to a week.
To reheat, place in microwave for 10-12 seconds before enjoying.
Keywords: pistachio cookies, pistachio chocolate chip cookies, gideon's copycat cookies, gideons cookie recipe