Soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies with hints of salted caramel and espresso.
- 1 C (2 Sticks) Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 C Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 C Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Lg Egg + 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 C All Purpose Flour
- 1 C Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 TBSP Espresso Powder
- 1 C Lily’s Salted Caramel Baking Chips
- 1 Bar Lily’s Sea Salt Dark Chocolate, chopped
- Brown the butter, then let it come to room temperature and a spreadable consistency. Do this on the counter, or speed it up by popping it in the freezer and stirring occasionally.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the room temperature browned butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour, bread flour, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder. Add the dry ingredients to the mixer 1/2 at a time and mix until just combined with a few flour streaks remaining.
- Save back a few pieces of chocolate to top the cookies with just before baking, and fold the rest into the dough with a rubber spatula.
- Scoop out the cookies with a 2 TBSP cookie scoop, and top with the extra chocolate.
- Chill the dough for at least 1 hour, then bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes.
- Top with flaky salt and let cool on the hot cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy.
- You may use all All Purpose Flour if you don’t have bread flour, just know that the cookies won’t be quite as perfect and chewy. Still dang good tho!
- You can also use regular chocolate chips in place of the salted caramel chips if that’s your jam!
Keywords: espresso cookies, salted caramel cookies, mocha cookies