An updated version of the classic chocolatey peanut butter dessert that stays soft and chewy for days!
- 1 C Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 C Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 C Honey
- 1 C Mini Marshmallows
- 1 C Peanut Butter
- 6 C Crispy Rice Cereal
- 1 C Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 C Butterscotch Chips
- Flaky Salt, optional
- Line a 9X13 pan with parchment paper and a light spritz of non stick spray.
- Measure out all of your ingredients before you start because it comes together quickly.
- In a large pot, add the sugar, vanilla, corn syrup, and honey. Stir often and bring to a simmer. As soon as it begins to boil around the edges, remove it from the heat. Cooking it too long will result in hard scotcharoos.
- Whisk in the peanut butter and marshmallows until smooth.
- Fold in the rice krispie cereal until it’s evenly coated, then pour into the prepared pan.
- Use some non stick spray on your hands, or just slightly wet them with water, to press the mixture into an even layer. Set aside.
- Make the chocolate butterscotch topping by microwaving the chips in 30 second increments until smooth. To make sure your chocolate tempers properly I recommend using 50% power on your microwave.
- Pour the mixture over the bars and spread into an even layer. Let set up, then top with flaky salt. Slice and serve.
Keywords: scotcharoos, scotcharoo recipe, soft scotcharoos