Sweet, crisp, and easy to make Valentine’s Day meringue cookies.
- 3 Lg Egg Whites (90 g)
- 3/4 C (180g) Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp Clear Vanilla Flavor
- Gel Food Coloring
- Preheat the oven to 185 and line two cookies sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the egg whites and sugar to a medium sauce pan and heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture reaches 130 degrees F.
- Pour the egg white mixture into your stand mixer and whip with the whisk attachment. Start slow, then gradually increase the speed and whip until soft peaks form.
- Add the cream of tartar and vanilla flavoring and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Separate the meringue into bowls and color it with the gel food coloring.
- Place in piping bags and pipe onto the prepared sheet pans. Top with sprinkles if desired and bake for 1-2 hours or until the meringue is crisp on the outside. Smaller meringues will bake quicker, and bigger ones can take up to a couple of hours.
- Let cool completely then, remove from sheet pans and serve.
Keywords: valentines meringue cookies, heart shaped meringues, meringue kisses