Easy 5 ingredient, 10 minute recipe for homemade Rice Krispie Treats, swirled with Cookie Butter.
- 5 TBSP Salted Butter (unsalted is fine if that’s all you have)
- 16 oz Package of Jet Puffed Mini Marshmallows (6 Cups)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste (or Pure Vanilla Extract)
- 1/2 C Cookie Butter, plus more for drizzling
- 9 C Rice Krispies Cereal
- In a large stock pot, melt butter
- Add marshmallows. Stir frequently until completely melted.
- Stir in Vanilla Bean Paste.
- Remove from heat, and swirl in cookie butter. Don’t completely incorporate, leave streaks of cookie butter throughout.
- Stir in Rice Krispies Cereal.
- Lightly spray a pan with non stick spray and press Cookie Butter Rise Krispie Treats into the pan using a rubber spatula. I used a 8X12 pan for extra thick Rice Krispies.
- Let cool slightly, then turn out onto a cutting board and slice into 24 squares.
- Optional: Microwave 1/4 C Cookie Butter for about 10-15 seconds to get it to a pour-able consistency and drizzle it over the top of the Rice Krispie Treats.
- You can easily adapt this recipe subbing peanut butter, melted chocolate, almond butter… etc instead of cookie butter!