Okay, by now we all know about my Cookie Butter obsession. There’s really no end in sight to the amount of desserts I’m going to swirl it into. And maybe the easiest most “duh” moment is when I thought to swirl it into melted marshmallows to make these Cookie Butter Rice Krispie Treats. 5 ingredients, ready in 10 min or less, and a total crowd pleaser. Let’s do it.
How to Make Cookie Butter Rice Krispie Treats
This is definitely the easiest recipe on my site. If you’ve made homemade Rice Krispie Treats before, you know what I’m talking about. And if you haven’t, you’re seriously missing out because they are SO GOOD. Alright, grab all of the ingredients – butter, marshmallows, vanilla or vanilla bean paste, cookie butter, and Rice Krispie cereal.
In a large stockpot, melt 5 TBSP of butter. I went with salted butter here, because I didn’t add any extra salt – but unsalted is totally fine! Once the butter is melted, stir in a 16 oz. bag of Jet Puffed Mini Marshmallows. (Not sponsored, just my preference.) This is about 6 cups of mini marshmallows. Stir frequently until the marshmallows are completely melted. Stir in the vanilla or vanilla bean paste. I’m partial to the vanilla bean paste, because I just love seeing those little specks of vanilla bean.
Take the pot off of the heat, and swirl in 1/2 C of Biscoff Cookie Butter. I stirred it in gently, leaving streaks of the cookie butter throughout. Finally, stir in 9 C of Rice Krispie Cereal. Stir it gently so you don’t break up the cereal, but make sure you get everything incorporated and covered in the marshmallow mixture. Lightly spray a pan with nonstick spray, and press the Cookie Butter Rice Krispie Treats into the pan using a rubber spatula. I used an 8 X 12 pan to get extra thick Rice Krispie Treats, but really any pan you have will work just fine!
Slicing and Serving
And we’re done! See how easy! Once they have cooled a bit, turn them out onto a cutting board and slice into equal squares. Using my 8X12 pan, I cut them into 24 pieces. For added deliciousness, I put about 1/4 C of Cookie Butter into the microwave for a few seconds, just to get it to a pour-able consistency, then drizzled it over the top!Print
Easy 5 ingredient, 10 minute recipe for homemade Rice Krispie Treats, swirled with Cookie Butter.
- 5 TBSP Salted Butter (unsalted is fine if that’s all you have)
- 16 oz Package of Jet Puffed Mini Marshmallows (6 Cups)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste (or Pure Vanilla Extract)
- 1/2 C Cookie Butter, plus more for drizzling
- 9 C Rice Krispies Cereal
- In a large stock pot, melt butter
- Add marshmallows. Stir frequently until completely melted.
- Stir in Vanilla Bean Paste.
- Remove from heat, and swirl in cookie butter. Don’t completely incorporate, leave streaks of cookie butter throughout.
- Stir in Rice Krispies Cereal.
- Lightly spray a pan with non stick spray and press Cookie Butter Rise Krispie Treats into the pan using a rubber spatula. I used a 8X12 pan for extra thick Rice Krispies.
- Let cool slightly, then turn out onto a cutting board and slice into 24 squares.
- Optional: Microwave 1/4 C Cookie Butter for about 10-15 seconds to get it to a pour-able consistency and drizzle it over the top of the Rice Krispie Treats.
- You can easily adapt this recipe subbing peanut butter, melted chocolate, almond butter… etc instead of cookie butter!