Decadent little 3-bite cookies with a chewy, fudgy brownie texture topped with extra chocolate and crushed peppermint.
- 1 ¼ C (200 g) Dark Chocolate Chips (70-72%)
- 10 TBSP (140 g) Salted Butter, cut into 1 TBSP slices
- ¾ C (150 g) Granulated Sugar
- ½ C (100 g) Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Lg Eggs, at room temperature
- ¾ C (95 g) All Purpose Flour
- 3 TBSP Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Espresso Powder (optional)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ C Crushed Peppermint
- 4 oz Bar Semi Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. These cookies need to be all baked at once immediately after the batter comes together in order to achieve the shiny crackly “brownie” tops so it’s best to have the cookie sheets prepped and ready to go.
- In a medium bowl, add the sliced butter and chocolate chips. Melt in 30 second increments until fully melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with the whisk attachment (or with an electric mixer in a large mixing bowl) add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and eggs. Mix on medium high speed for 3 minutes, or until the mixture is fluffy and light in color and texture.
- Turn the mixer speed to low and slowly drizzle the chocolate/butter mixture in and mix until fully combined. Then, mix in the vanilla.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt until just combined.
- Use a standard 1 TBSP cookie scoop to portion 12 cookies per sheet leaving space in between for spreading.
- Bake both cookie sheets together at 350 for 10 minutes. Then remove from the oven and top with chopped chocolate and crushed peppermint. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Cookies can be frozen once baked, but not as dough. Bake as instructed, let cool completely, then freeze in an airtight container for up to three months.
- Bake cookies immediately after scooping them onto the cookie sheets, or the tops will not be cracked and shiny.
Keywords: peppermint brownie cookies, double chocolate peppermint cookies, chocolate peppermint cookies