Small batch banana muffins swirled with cinnamon sugar.
For Muffin Batter
- 4 TBSP Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/4 C Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 C Granulated Sugar
- 1 Lg Egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Ripe Banana, smashed or pureed
- 1 C All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
For Cinnamon Sugar
- 2 TBSP Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 TBSP Granulated Sugar
For Banana Muffins
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a muffin tin with liners. You can make 4 large muffins or 6 small.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the melted butter with the sugars.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Mix in the pureed or mashed banana.
- Add in the dry ingredients, mix to combine. Do not over mix.
For the Cinnamon Sugar
- Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Stir in the cinnamon and sugar.
- Fill the muffin liners almost all the way full with batter.
- Drizzle the mixture over each muffin.
- Use a toothpick or butter knife to swirl it through the batter top with remaining batter and turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 425 for 5 minutes then lower the oven temp to 350 and bake an additional 18-20 minutes.
I used parchment for my liners. I simply cut out about 4″ squares, and then pressed them down into the muffin pan, folding them where necessary.
Keywords: small batch banana muffins, small batch muffins, cinnamon banana muffins