Soft and chewy blondie bars loaded with chopped chocolate and toffee bits. One bowl and no stand mixer required!
- 1 C Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 3/4 C Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Lg Eggs + 1 Yolk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 C + 2 TBSP All Purpose Flour
- 1 C Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 C Chopped Bittersweet or Dark Chocolate
- 1 C Toffee Bits, + more for topping
- Measure out all of your ingredients and have them ready to go
- Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare a 9X9 baking pan with parchment paper
- Melt the butter in a medium to large mixing bowl
- Whisk in the sugar for 1 minute, until sugar begins to dissolve
- Quickly whisk in the eggs, making sure to whisk fast enough so the warm butter doesn’t cook the eggs. Continue to whisk for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in the vanilla
- Stir in the flours and salt
- Fold in the chopped chocolate and toffee bits
- Spread into the prepared pan
- Bake for 23-25 minutes
Whisking fast and for 2-3 minutes when you add the egg is what will give these blondies lift since we aren’t using any leavening agents.
Keywords: blondies, chocolate chunk blondies, toffee blondies