I am always down for a good blondie. Always. Especially when there’s toffee and chunks of chocolate involved. Actually, just throw chocolate and toffee in literally anything and I’m in. These toffee chocolate chunk blondies are a breeze to whip up – hello no bringing ingredients to room temp and no stand mixer required! You are minutes away from these babies baking away in your oven. Oh, and they’re delicious. Soft and chewy and LOADED with pools of chocolate and crunchy toffee bits.
How to make Toffee Chocolate Chunk Blondies
Start by gathering all of your ingredients. This recipe comes together super quickly so I always find it helpful to have all of my ingredients pre-measured and ready to go. It also gives the egg a few minutes to warm up so we’re not throwing a freezing cold egg into melted butter and ending up with scrambled eggs.
Preheat the oven to 350 and line a square 9X9 pan with parchment paper. The parchment isn’t required, but it makes it easy to lift the entire pan of blondies out for easy slicing – just leave enough overhang so you can grab onto it and lift them out!
Melt the butter in a medium-large microwave safe bowl. Whisk in the sugar until the sugar starts to dissolve, about 1 minute. Quickly whisk in the egg and egg yolk. Make sure to whisk fast so that the warm butter doesn’t start to cook the egg. Continue to whisk for 2-3 minutes. This incorporates air into the batter and helps the blondies rise since we aren’t using any leavening agents in this recipe.
Whisk in the vanilla. With a wooden spoon, stir in the flours and salt. Chop the chocolate. I like to leave some larger chunks and chop some pretty fine. I usually use this chocolate, but use your favorite! Fold in the chocolate and the toffee bits. I use these, but any toffee chopped up will do the trick.
Using an offset spatula, spread the blondie batter into and even layer in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 23-25 minutes, then allow to cool on the counter. Once the blondies are cool, lift them out of the pan and slice into 16 squares. Enjoy!Print
Soft and chewy blondie bars loaded with chopped chocolate and toffee bits. One bowl and no stand mixer required!
- 1 C Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 3/4 C Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Lg Eggs + 1 Yolk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 C + 2 TBSP All Purpose Flour
- 1 C Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 C Chopped Bittersweet or Dark Chocolate
- 1 C Toffee Bits, + more for topping
- Measure out all of your ingredients and have them ready to go
- Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare a 9X9 baking pan with parchment paper
- Melt the butter in a medium to large mixing bowl
- Whisk in the sugar for 1 minute, until sugar begins to dissolve
- Quickly whisk in the eggs, making sure to whisk fast enough so the warm butter doesn’t cook the eggs. Continue to whisk for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in the vanilla
- Stir in the flours and salt
- Fold in the chopped chocolate and toffee bits
- Spread into the prepared pan
- Bake for 23-25 minutes
Whisking fast and for 2-3 minutes when you add the egg is what will give these blondies lift since we aren’t using any leavening agents.
Keywords: blondies, chocolate chunk blondies, toffee blondies