Ok school’s back in session, or about to be for some. And as a mom of 3 the first thing I think about having to do every day is packing lunches and making sure there’s PLENTY of snacks available when they get home. Everyone’s kids are starving after school right? Not just mine? Ok. Enter this kid’s charcuterie board.
To make this a little easier on myself, my go to move is throwing a bunch of snacks onto one tray, a kid friendly charcuterie board if you will, and letting my kids (and their friends!) graze as they please. I can just leave it out on the counter for an hour or so when they get home and everybody’s happy.
This post is sponsored by Reese Specialty Foods. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Buuck Farms Bakery possible!
What to Include on a Kid’s Charcuterie Board
- Fruit – I always do a variety of my kid’s favorite fruits- grapes, strawberries, sliced apples, blueberries, pineapple chunks etc. Bonus point if you can find the teenie tiny champagne grapes – my kids think those are SO fun.
- Fruit Dip – Nothing better than a dip if you ask me. My favorite little hack in a pinch is taking some vanilla greek yogurt and stirring in a bit of Reese’s Maraschino Syrup. It makes it a fun pink color that the kids will love and a subtle cherry flavor. They also like snacking on Maraschino Cherries so I always add a few of those too.
- Meats and Cheeses – Again, just a mix of whatever your kids like best. For the board pictured I did little pepperonis, salami roll ups, and cheddar and american cheese. I used tiny little cookie cutter to make little flowers, hearts, moons, and stars. The more fun you make it for the kids, the more likely they are to actually eat it.
- Veggies – My kids have been LOVING baby corn recently and it makes me laugh because I used to love it as a kid as well. I took some Reese’s Baby Corn and paired it with a store bought creamy pesto dip and it was a huge hit!
- Other Ideas – I also add crackers, goldfish, cheese puffs, candies… really anything I can find in my pantry. My kids are especially fans of the candy legos. A snack AND an activity.
Customize for Your Kids
Kids are picky. I totally get it. I’m usually making more than one option for lunches and dinners and BEGGING them to eat. But this makes snack time stress free because everyone can find something they love. I won’t lie…I’ve even served this for dinner because I never get a complaint.
Reese makes it SO easy to customize to your kids preferences. Baby corn not your thing? Sub it for some pita crackers and spinach artichoke dip made from Reese Artichokes. Not a huge fan of Maraschinos? Try the mandarin oranges instead – I actually eat these straight out of the can and have been since I was a kid. You could even do little mini pancakes with their Maple Syrup on the side to dip! There’s so many options – check them out here.
Kid’s Charcuterie Board Tools & Utensils
- Food Picks – These cute little food picks are the best. They make my kids think eating is so fun. I use them in their lunchboxes and with snacks. I got them here.
- Serving Tray – If I’m making this for a crowd of kids I grab an oversized tray like this or if it’s just for my kiddos I’ll use something smaller like this.
- Dip Bowls – Keeping a board clean and pretty has a lot to do with the little bowls you set inside to help separate items. I like these, but any small bowls will do!