Soft and gooey rice krispie treats packed with marshmallows, grahams, and chocolate. Plus, a secret ingredient that keeps them soft for DAYS!
Everybody loves a good homemade rice krispie treat. I mean is there anything that screams “I just got off the bus and third grade really sucks but hey at least my mom made my favorite snack” in quite the same way as a gooey pillowy rice krispy treat? And the only way to make them even better, is to add a little s’mores twist. S’mores crispy rice treats are about to be your new obsession. Let’s make em!
How to Make S’mores Crispy Rice Treats
Prepare a 9X13 pan by lining it with parchment and giving it a quick coating of non stick spray.
Start by browning the butter which will give these babies a slightly nutty flavor and take them to the next level. Add the butter to a large pot and melt over medium high heat. Once melted, the butter will start to crackle and pop as it browns. Swirl the pot around occasionally and wait for the butter to quiet down and start to foam up. Once it’s nice and foamy and has a nutty smell, it’s done.
Turn the heat down to low and stir in the vanilla, salt, and sweetened condensed milk. The sweetened condensed milk is the secret to keeping these treats soft and gooey for days! Then, add 1 and a half bags of the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and toss in the crispy rice cereal. Once the cereal is coated, stir in the remaining marshmallows and MOST of the graham crackers crumbs. Save a couple TBSP of the graham cracker crumbs to sprinkle on at the end. Press the s’mores crispy rice treats into the prepared pan and let them set up for 30-45 minutes before slicing.
When you’re ready to slice, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 30 second intervals until completely smooth. Slice the s’mores crispy rice treats into squares and then dunk in the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with the extra graham cracker crumbs and some flaky salt and enjoy!
These s’mores crispy rice treats will stay soft and chewy at room temperature in an airtight container for up to a week!Print
S’mores Crispy Rice Treats
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Yield: 16 Bars 1x
Ooey gooey homemade crispy rice treats with a s’mores twist and a secret ingredient that will keep them soft for days!
- ½ C (1 Stick) Salted Butter
- ⅓ C Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 10 oz Bags Mini Marshmallows, divided
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste (or pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Salt
- 10 C Crispy Rice Cereal
- 1 Sleeve Honey Graham Crackers, broken into small pieces (9 Crackers)
- 1 C Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- In a large pot, brown the butter by heating it over medium heat until fully melted, then continue to cook until butter turns a golden brown color and smells nutty. After the butter melts it will start to crackle and pop. You can swirl the pan around every couple of minutes, but stirring isn’t necessary. Once the crackling and popping quiets down and the butter starts to foam up, it’s ready.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and stir to combine. It might look a little separated at first but just give it a minute to come together.
- Add 1.5 bags of the mini marshmallows to the browned butter/SCM mixture and set the remaining marshmallows off to the side. Add the vanilla bean paste and salt to the butter and marshmallows. Stir constantly until the marshmallows are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the crispy rice cereal and toss to coat.
- Add in the remaining marshmallows and crushed graham crackers (set a couple TBSP of the grahams back to top at the very end). Stir to combine.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and use an offset spatula to press into an even layer. Let cool for 45-60 minutes.
- After the S’mores Crispy Rice Treats have cooled, heat the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted and smooth.
Store s’mores crispy rice treats in an air tight container at room temperature for up to a week!
Keywords: rice krispie treats, s’mores rice krispies, homemade rice krispies
If you loved the recipe for these S’mores Crispy Rice Treats, be sure to check out my Bakery Style S’mores Cookies and my S’mores Ice Cream.
Leave a Reply