One bowl soft and chewy breakfast bars made with gluten free oats, peanut free granola, and coconut oil & packed with cinnamon, maple, and chocolate. These babies are GF, DF, and Peanut Free.
These breakfast bars are SO good guys. Easy to make, (hello one bowl!) packed with good-for-you ingredients, (and maybe a little brown sugar and chocolate) and super soft and gooey. The whole fam is gonna love these.
I had pretty much given up on granola after we found out about G’s peanut allergy. Not to be dramatic, but every single product on the grocery store shelves either has peanuts, or “may contain” peanuts. So when Square Root Life reached out to me to try their products, I was like, “I’d love to but, no. No peanuts for us.” And then, they blew my whole mind by telling me they were completely peanut free. I’ve never been so excited about nut butter.
Anyway, this isn’t an ad. I never agreed to take photos for them or write a post. I’m writing this post because, well, I made some breakfast bars and they were awesome. We loved them, and I will definitely make them again. And if you have anyone who’s gluten free, dairy free, or has a peanut allergy – then these are for you! And even if you don’t care about gluten or dairy or nut free recipes, these can be adapted with peanut butter or your favorite granola super easily.
How to Make GF Maple Cinnamon Breakfast Bars
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line an 8X8 pan with parchment paper. Leave an overhang with the parchment so that you can easily lift the breakfast bars out of the pan for slicing.
Stir all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a large bowl until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and then press the bars into the prepared pans and bake at 325 fro 25-27 minutes.
They will look slightly under baked in the center, but will finish setting up in the hot pan on the counter. Once they are cool, lift them from the pan, slice and serve. Drizzle with extra melted chocolate if you want! These GF Maple Cinnamon Breakfast Bars will keep on the counter for up to 3 days, or up to a week in the fridge.Print
Super easy one bowl breakfast bars that are ooey, gooey, and packed with chocolate, maple, and cinnamon. Gluten free, dairy free, & peanut free!
- 1 C Certified Gluten Free Oats
- 8 oz package Square Root Maple Cinnamon Nutola
- 1/3 C Coconut Flour
- 1/2 C Square Root Maple Cinnamon Nutola Butter
- 1/4 C Coconut Butter, melted
- 1/4 C Maple Syrup
- 1/3 C Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Lg Egg + 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 C Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips, plus more if you want to drizzle melted chocolate on top
- Preheat the oven to 325 and line an 8X8 baking dish with parchment paper. Leave a parchment overhang to allow you to easily remove the bars from the pan after they cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together all of the ingredients minus the chocolate chips.
- Once combined, gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the bars down into and even layer in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 325 for 25-27 minutes, then allow to sit on the counter in the hot pan to finish setting up in the hot pan. Then, allow to cool.
- Once cooled, remove the bars from the pan, slice, and serve.
* You can use any granola or nut butter in this recipe by subbing an equal amount. I recommend using loose granola as opposed to granola with large clumps.
*Bars will keep on the counter for 2-3 days or up to a week in the fridge.
Keywords: gluten free breakfast bars, gluten free breakfast, dairy free granola bars, peanut free granola bars