This Coffee Toffee No Churn Ice Cream is looooaded with coffee flavor. I love coffee ice cream, I might even go so far as to say it’s my favorite. If I’m at an ice cream shop with the family, you better believe I’m picking the coffee hard ice cream with a salted caramel drizzle. Every time. But I usually find myself wishing it was a little more coffee forward – just me? It was about time I made this treat at home, and guys, it’s unbelievably good – and there’s no question about the flavor being C O F F E E.
No churn ice cream is the no-bake summer treat of my dreams. I really can’t believe that this is the first summer I’ve made it. But I’ve certainly made up for lost time since I discovered this genius dessert. You can also check out my Blueberry Cheesecake No Churn, and my Vanilla Bean No Churn with Quick Caramel and Cookie Dough. No churn takes minimal ingredients that I bet you already have sitting in your pantry and fridge. So let’s make it happen shall we?
How to Make Coffee Toffee Ice Cream
Making the Batter
First we need to make some whipped cream. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add the heavy cream and start to mix. Start slowly so it doesn’t splatter, then crank it up to full speed. Normally, I would flavor my whipped cream with a little sugar and vanilla, but it’s not necessary in this case, because we are going to stir in all the flavors later. Continue to mix until stiff peaks. This can happen pretty quickly – about 3 minutes – so don’t turn your back on it.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, espresso powder, cocoa powder, and salt. Add about 1/3 of the whipped cream to the sweetened condensed milk mixture and stir to combine. Then take the sweetened condensed milk mixture and add it back into the remaining whipped cream. Gently fold it to incorporate, careful not deflate the cream. Finally, stir in the toffee bits.
Freezing and Serving
To freeze the ice cream, I used my Wilton Loaf Pan, lined with parchment paper. The parchment isn’t totally necessary, but makes clean up super easy so I’m all about that. Pour the ice cream batter into the pan and use a spatula to spread it evenly in the pan. Top with extra toffee, and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
I like to serve it in a sugar cone, topped with extra toffee and salted caramel sauce. It would also be amazing served between a couple of cookies – just saying. And that’s it! Easy-peasy.Print
Coffee Toffee Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: Freeze 6 hours
- Total Time: 10 min + 6 hours chill time
- Category: Frozen Desserts
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: Dessert, Snack
This super easy-to-make no churn ice cream is loaded with coffee flavor and toffee pieces. The perfect no-bake summer treat, and no ice cream maker required!
- 2 C Heavy Whipping Cream
- 14 Oz (1 Can) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 TBSP Espresso Powder
- 1/2 TBSP Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 C. Toffee Chunks
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip cream on high speed until stiff peaks, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, espresso powder, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Stir in 1/3 of the whipped cream.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk mixture back into the remaining whipped cream.
- Gently fold to combine, being careful not to deflate the whipped cream.
- Stir in the toffee chunks.
- Pour into a parchment-lined freezer safe pan and freeze for at least 6 hours, or overnight
- You can sub regular cocoa powder if you don’t have dark!
Keywords: homemade ice cream, no churn ice cream, coffee ice cream, no-bake desserts
Leave a Reply