Carrot cake has got to be one of my all time favorite desserts. But then throw ice cream into the equation? I’m all the way in. This cutie little ice cream cake has two layers of no churn ice cream – one layer of vanilla bean ice cream and one layer of carrot cake ice cream. In the middle of the ice cream layers you’ll find a layer of white chocolate fudge and a layer of carrot cake cookie crunch. It’s so so good and I know you guys are gonna love this recipe.
This post is sponsored by Eagle Brand Milk, but as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Buuck Farms Bakery possible.
What is no churn ice cream?
No ice cream maker, but still want to make ice cream at home? Well then no churn is your new BFF. Very basically, it’s just whipped cream mixed with sweetened condensed milk and the flavorings and add ins of your choice.
It’s so SO easy to make, the flavor combinations are endless, and it sets up in about 6 hours. I have several no churn recipes on my site if you need inspiration, but once you have down the base recipe, you can pretty much make any flavor you can dream up.
How to make carrot cake ice cream cake
This cake is super easy to make, but it does have a lot of steps.
First, make the Vanilla Bean Ice Cream layer.
In a medium mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks with a hand mixer. You could also do this in your stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Set the whipped cream aside.
In a separate bowl, mix the sweetened condensed milk with the vanilla bean paste. Then, take about a cup of the whipped cream and fold it into the sweetened condensed milk mixture. And finally, take the entire sweetened condensed milk mixture, and carefully fold it into the remaining whipped cream.
Line a deep 9 or 10 inch cake pan with plastic wrap so that you can easily lift the ice cream cake out for decorating once it’s set up. Pour in the vanilla ice cream and pop in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
Make the Carrot Cake Cookie Crunch layer.
Crush the cookies and mix them with the melted butter. Sprinkle the cookie mixture over the vanilla bean ice cream layer and place back in the fridge for 10-15 minutes while you make the white chocolate fudge.
Make the White Chocolate Fudge layer.
In a small bowl, add the white chocolate, corn syrup, and vanilla. Heat the heavy cream until it’s simmering, then pour it over the chocolate. Let it sit for 1 minute, then stir until smooth. You can pop it into the microwave in 15 second increments if it’s not completely melted and smooth.
Pour the white chocolate fudge over the cookie crunch layer and put back in the freezer while you make the carrot cake ice cream layer.
Make the Carrot Cake Ice Cream layer.
In a small saucepan, combine the shredded carrots, brown sugar, spices, vanilla, and about 2 TBSP of water. Cook over medium heat until the carrots soften and the brown sugar dissolves – about 5-7 minutes. Then let cool completely.
Like the vanilla bean layer, whip the cream to stiff peaks. In a separate bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese and whip until combined. Add the cooled carrot mixture and stir until combined. Take 1 C of the whipped cream and fold it into the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Then, take the entire sweetened condensed milk mixture and gently fold it into the remaining whipped cream.
Pour the carrot cake ice cream over the white chocolate fudge layer and place it in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Frost and Decorate the Carrot Cake Ice Cream Cake
When the ice cream has completely set, whip up the rest of the heavy cream with the vanilla and powdered sugar until it reaches stiff peaks. Remove the cake from the freezer and flip it out onto a cake plate. Peel off the plastic wrap. Use an offset spatula to spread the whipped cream all over the cake in an even layer.
Decorate the cake however you wish. I used more crushed carrot cake oreos and those cute little carrot royal icing transfers that I found at a local cake decorating shop. Here are some carrot sprinkles and carrot royal icing transfers that you can order off Amazon. You could also use food coloring to dye some of the whipped cream and pipe your own carrots!
Serve immediately or place back into the freezer until ready to serve.Print
No churn ice cream cake with layers of vanilla bean ice cream, carrot cake ice cream cake, white chocolate fudge, and carrot cake cookie crunch all wrapped in vanilla bean whipped cream and decorated with crushed cookies and simple carrot sprinkles.
For the Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Layer
- 1 Can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 C Heavy Cream
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Bean Paste
For the Carrot Cake Ice Cream Layer
- 1 C Finely Shredded Carrots
- 2 TBSP Salted Butter
- ⅓ C Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Ground Cloves
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 C Heavy Cream
For the Cookie Crunch Layer
- 12 Crushed Carrot Cake Flavored Cookies (such as Oreo)
- 2 TBSP Salted Butter, melted
For the White Chocolate Fudge Layer
- 1 C White Chocolate Chips
- ½ C Heavy Cream
- 3 TBSP Light Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
For the Whipped Cream Frosting *optional
- 1 ½ C Heavy Cream
- ¼ C Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- Line a deep 9” round cake pan (4” deep or more is best, but this will also work in a 9X13 if you don’t have deep cake pans) with plastic wrap so that you can easily lift the ice cream cake out once it’s set.
- Make the Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Layer-
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks and set aside.
- Stir the sweetened condensed milk with the vanilla bean paste until combined.
- Add about 1 C of the whipped cream to the sweetened condensed milk and gently fold in until combined.
- Add the entire sweetened condensed milk mixture into the remaining whipped cream and gently fold.
- Pour the ice cream into the prepared cake pan and place in the freezer.
- Make the Cookie Crunch Layer-
- Crush the carrot cake cookies and mix them with the melted butter.
- After the vanilla ice cream has chilled for at least 30 minutes, spread the cookie crunch layer all over the ice cream in an even layer. Place back in the freezer.
- Make the White Chocolate Fudge Layer-
- Add the white chocolate chips into a small bowl with the vanilla and corn syrup.
- Heat the cream until it’s slightly simmering. Pour over the chocolate and let sit for 1 minute.
- Whisk until smooth. You can pop it into the microwave in 20 second increments if it’s not fully melted and smooth.
- Pour over the cookie layer and place back in the freezer.
- Make the Carrot Cake Ice Cream Layer-
- In a small saucepan, add the shredded carrots, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg plus a splash (2 TBSP) water.
- Cook on medium low for 5-6 minutes, or until carrots are softened and sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
- While the carrot mixture cools, whip the cream to stiff peaks and set aside.
- Use a hand mixer to combine the cream cheese, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in the cooled carrot mixture.
- Take 1 C of the whipped cream and fold it into the carrot/sweetened condensed milk mixture. Then, take the entire sweetened condensed milk mixture and gently fold it back into the remaining whipped cream.
- Pour over the white chocolate fudge layer and place in the fridge overnight, or at least for 6 hours.
- Make the Whipped Cream Frosting and Serve
- **You can serve the ice cream cake as is, but if you want to frost and decorate it, then continue on.
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks along with the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Flip the cake from the cake pan onto a serving plate and peel off the plastic wrap.
- Use an offset spatula to frost the cake with a thin layer of the whipped cream.
- Decorate with carrot sprinkles and more crushed cookies.
- Serve immediately or place the cake into the freezer until ready to serve.
Keywords: carrot cake recipe, carrot cake ice cream, ice cream cake recipes, carrot cake ice cream cake, dq ice cream cake copycat
If you loved this recipe for Carrot Cake Ice Cream Cake, be sure to tag @buuckfarmsbakery on Instagram and leave a star rating and review below. If you want to pin this recipe for later, click on the Pinterest icon on the recipe card above or on any of the images throughout this post.